Health insurance in Ireland has become increasingly complex over the past few years. It can be difficult to sift through the multitude of health insurance plans on the market to find the one that’s best for you.
On the plus side, there is real choice of plans in the market when it comes to health insurance providers and the type of cover available. This is where McCarthy Insurance Group brokers can assist you by searching the market for a plan that best suits your individual or family needs which can result in you saving money and/or having access to more healthcare benefits.
We will go through key considerations with you before deciding on the health insurance plan that best suits you, such as:
- What type of hospitals do you want to be covered for, e.g. public hospitals only or public and private hospitals?
- What type of accommodation do you require in hospital, e.g. private or semi-private?
- Are you willing to take on an excess to lower your premium?
- Additional cover options that you may wish to consider:
- Do you require cover for routine medical expenses cover such as GP visits, routine dental, physiotherapy etc.? Before adding this to your cover, calculate what your average annual spend is, as you normally only get a refund of approx. 50%
- Do you require extra maternity expenses cover – if you are planning a family, you should note that all insurers only give a ‘grant-in-aid’ towards maternity, so you will never be fully covered for these costs
- Do you require cover for High Tech hospitals i.e. cover for hospitals such as the Mater Private, Blackrock Clinic or the Beacon Hospital
- Do you require extra cover for private psychiatric, convalescence or travel cover
By considering the above in advance, with our help you are better positioned to select an appropriate plan that suits your individual requirements. As these will change over time, we will review your cover on an annual basis to ensure that you continually hold an appropriate health insurance plan for you.
Request a free health insurance consultation here