If you are involved in a motor accident that wasn’t your fault, Motor Legal Expenses Insurance is there to help you recover any losses which are not covered by your general motor insurance policy and allow you to pursue compensation from the driver at fault.
If you are involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault and suffer losses, such as:
- Damage to personal belongings in your vehicle.
- Loss of the use of your vehicle.
- Vehicle repair costs if you are not comprehensively insured.
- Policy excess on your comprehensive motor insurance policy.
- You or your passengers are injured.
- Try to negotiate recovery of your claim through our motor claims centre.
- If this is not possible, or where personal injury is involved, we will find you a specialist lawyer to act for you, who will tell you if you’re likely to win.
- Arrange a replacement hire vehicle if required.
- Pay up to a typical amount of £100,000 to cover legal costs and expenses, and the other side’s if you lose.
- Give unlimited access to our legal advice and counseling helplines.
Some Motor Legal Expenses Insurance policies also cover the costs of a lawyer to:
- Defend your legal rights if you’re prosecuted for a motoring offense such as speeding.
- Protect your legal rights if you are involved in a contract dispute relating to your vehicle such as poor repairs from a garage.
If you are interested in buying Motor Legal Expenses Insurance or want to know more about what’s included in your policy, please speak to your insurance adviser.
- Claim for losses suffered before you buy the policy.
- Claim expenses incurred before your claim is accepted (e.g. the cost of consulting your own lawyer).
We will not:
- Continue with your claim if your lawyer doesn’t think you will win.
Exclusions and limitations
- It’s important to bear in mind that policy cover and limitations can vary between different providers.
Typical exclusions and limitations include:
- The insurer will choose the vehicle hire company and the type of vehicle to be hired.
- A replacement hire vehicle, if the driver at fault cannot be identified or traced.
- Alleged criminal offenses relating to parking, obstruction, insurance, or challenging a fixed penalty notice.
- Motor contract disputes where the contract was entered into before the legal expenses insurance product was bought.
- Minimum amounts in dispute in order to make a motor contract dispute claim.
- Maximum cover amounts. Typically this amount is between £50,000 and £100,000 per claim. Please check with your insurance adviser as amounts can vary.
24/7 Breakdown Assistance
We have breakdown assistance available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Courtesy car when you need one
In the event of a breakdown, we can provide you with a courtesy car to ensure you get around with ease.
No loss of bonus on windscreen claims
Don’t worry about losing your no claims bonus should you have to make a claim on your windscreen.
A wide choice of policies
No matter what your needs are, McCarthy Insurance Group will find the best policy for you.
Contact one of our expert advisors today.
A Nationwide Network of Branches
You can talk to a member of our expert team Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm